Local ARCA Driver Palumbo to Celebrate July 4 in Parade
JOLIET, Ill. – Tony Palumbo, Chicagoland Speedway’s own local ARCA driver, will make an appearance in the Mokena, Ill. July 4 parade this week.
Palumbo, of Frankfort, Ill., recently finished 23rd at Michigan International Speedway. He will compete at Chicagoland Speedway Aug. 28, Pocono and Rockingham this year in his No. 70 7VN Motorsports Ford.
Palumbo will hand out Frisbees, T-shirts and other goodies during the event.
“I’m looking to stir people’s untapped curiosity about stock car racing,” Palumbo said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize how awesome of a sport it is until they actually see it.”
2014 Driver Standings
- Daughter of Illinois Native and NASCAR Hall of Famer Fred Lorenzen to Appear in Chicagoland Speedway's Legends Club
- Austin Mahone to Kick Off the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup with Pre-Race Concert!
- Collective Soul and Switchfoot to Headline Rock Concert at 2nd Annual Rally, Rock and Race Weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, July 18-19
- Rally, Rock and Race Weekend Returns to Chicagoland Speedway this July 18-19
- Illinois Office of Tourism Partners with Chicagoland Speedway for the EnjoyIllinois.com 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series Race