Local ARCA Driver Palumbo to Celebrate July 4 in Parade
JOLIET, Ill. – Tony Palumbo, Chicagoland Speedway’s own local ARCA driver, will make an appearance in the Mokena, Ill. July 4 parade this week.
Palumbo, of Frankfort, Ill., recently finished 23rd at Michigan International Speedway. He will compete at Chicagoland Speedway Aug. 28, Pocono and Rockingham this year in his No. 70 7VN Motorsports Ford.
Palumbo will hand out Frisbees, T-shirts and other goodies during the event.
“I’m looking to stir people’s untapped curiosity about stock car racing,” Palumbo said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize how awesome of a sport it is until they actually see it.”
2014 Driver Standings
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway Donate Over 70,000 in 2014
- Brad Keselowski Wins The MyAFibStory.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway
- Kyle Busch Returns to Gatorade Victory Lane at Chicagoland Speedway
- Kevin Harvick Goes To Victory Lane at Chicagoland Speedway for 5th Time
- Chicagoland Speedway Offers Wide Array of Amenities For First Race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup