Local ARCA Driver Palumbo to Celebrate July 4 in Parade
JOLIET, Ill. – Tony Palumbo, Chicagoland Speedway’s own local ARCA driver, will make an appearance in the Mokena, Ill. July 4 parade this week.
Palumbo, of Frankfort, Ill., recently finished 23rd at Michigan International Speedway. He will compete at Chicagoland Speedway Aug. 28, Pocono and Rockingham this year in his No. 70 7VN Motorsports Ford.
Palumbo will hand out Frisbees, T-shirts and other goodies during the event.
“I’m looking to stir people’s untapped curiosity about stock car racing,” Palumbo said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize how awesome of a sport it is until they actually see it.”
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY AND JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCE CURRICULUM PROGRAM CHALLENGE
- Truex Wins TMNT 400, takes opener of The Chase at Chicagoland
- ERIK JONES RETURNS TO GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT CHICAGOLAND
- Kyle Busch wins wild American Ethanol e15 225 as Camping World Truck Series field is set
- Briscoe tastes victory for the first time at CLS, eats first-ever hot dog