Local ARCA Driver Palumbo to Celebrate July 4 in Parade
JOLIET, Ill. – Tony Palumbo, Chicagoland Speedway’s own local ARCA driver, will make an appearance in the Mokena, Ill. July 4 parade this week.
Palumbo, of Frankfort, Ill., recently finished 23rd at Michigan International Speedway. He will compete at Chicagoland Speedway Aug. 28, Pocono and Rockingham this year in his No. 70 7VN Motorsports Ford.
Palumbo will hand out Frisbees, T-shirts and other goodies during the event.
“I’m looking to stir people’s untapped curiosity about stock car racing,” Palumbo said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize how awesome of a sport it is until they actually see it.”
2014 Driver Standings
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announced as NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Event Entitlement Partner at Chicagoland Speedway
- Expanded Train-to-Track Shuttle Service Program Returns to Chicagoland Speedway
- AARP and AARP Drive to End Hunger present the Salute to America’s Heroes Pre-Race Show at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 14
- CHASE ELLIOTT TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG IN THE ENJOYILLINOIS.COM 300
- Mark Ruffalo to Serve as Grand Marshal of the EnjoyIllinois.com 300