Local ARCA Driver Palumbo to Celebrate July 4 in Parade
JOLIET, Ill. – Tony Palumbo, Chicagoland Speedway’s own local ARCA driver, will make an appearance in the Mokena, Ill. July 4 parade this week.
Palumbo, of Frankfort, Ill., recently finished 23rd at Michigan International Speedway. He will compete at Chicagoland Speedway Aug. 28, Pocono and Rockingham this year in his No. 70 7VN Motorsports Ford.
Palumbo will hand out Frisbees, T-shirts and other goodies during the event.
“I’m looking to stir people’s untapped curiosity about stock car racing,” Palumbo said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize how awesome of a sport it is until they actually see it.”
2013 Driver Standings
- Lucas Oil 225 to kick off Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend at Chicagoland Speedway
- Ansell Protective Products Renews ARCA Sponsorship at Chicagoland Speedway
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches Announced As Event Title Sponsor for NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Chicagoland Speedway
- Don't Be An April Fool and Miss Out On The Best Prices Of The Season at Chicagoland Speedway
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway 2014 Fan Advisory Council Is Here