Local ARCA Driver Palumbo to Celebrate July 4 in Parade
JOLIET, Ill. – Tony Palumbo, Chicagoland Speedway’s own local ARCA driver, will make an appearance in the Mokena, Ill. July 4 parade this week.
Palumbo, of Frankfort, Ill., recently finished 23rd at Michigan International Speedway. He will compete at Chicagoland Speedway Aug. 28, Pocono and Rockingham this year in his No. 70 7VN Motorsports Ford.
Palumbo will hand out Frisbees, T-shirts and other goodies during the event.
“I’m looking to stir people’s untapped curiosity about stock car racing,” Palumbo said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize how awesome of a sport it is until they actually see it.”
2013 Driver Standings
- KEVIN HARVICK TO KICK OFF GREEN FLAG GARAGE PRE-RACE FAN EXPERIENCE
- DALE EARNHARDT JR. WINS 56th ANNUAL DAYTONA 500
- Chicagoland Speedway Announces Creation Of The Legends Club
- Toyota Extends Multi-Year Partnership at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway
- NASCAR RACE DAY EXPERIENCE SOARS TO NEW HEIGHTS IN 2014